from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, derived from, or containing gold, especially with valence 3.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to trivalent gold.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to the ear; aural
- adj. Pertaining to an aura.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to gold.
- adj. Pertaining to, or derived from, gold; -- said of those compounds of gold in which this element has its higher valence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to gold.
- Of or pertaining to the aura; aural. See aura.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or containing or derived from gold
All gemstones work through the magic of their various colors and shades, which transmit vibrations that alter the electromagnetic fields of what we call the auric and etheric bodies, about which we sadly know very little.
It is seen as an oval mass of luminous mist of highly complex structure, and from its shape has sometimes been called the auric egg.
Or having a computer with spell check that can even recognize "auric" as a word!
Visualize walking into you doctor's office and seeing a "localized field of energy" and "auric chart" right next to the anatomy poster.
In some, I flow with discomfort, picking up the auric sparks from the fight across the road.
On it a mouse turned quickly to see the beginning of an auric breeze that carried the residue of the goings-on of the inhabitants of the house a half mile away.
Rendered with the auric exuberance of Klimt and the bold angularity of Schiele, through complicated parabolas and hyperbolas, one wonders if NASA astronomers and computer scientists aren't attempting to formulate an official visual style.
Moments later, the slug-like denizens of Arcturus let out a telepathic roar of approval as a tide of human rage floods at the speed of Thought across space, permeating their depleted auric channels.
I can also do an auric reading which is picking up the change in colors or intensity in a person's aura.
After the young German doctor came to the colony she danced for him, dirty auric in the white crater.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.