from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing iron, especially with valence 3 or a valence higher than in a corresponding ferrous compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to, derived from, or containing iron.
- adj. Of compounds of iron in which it has a valence or oxidation number of 3
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, derived from, or containing iron. Specifically (Chem.), denoting those compounds in which iron has a higher valence than in the ferrous compounds
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or extracted from iron; specifically, pertaining to iron in the quadrivalent condition.
- In electricity, containing iron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or containing iron
From Latin ferricus, from ferrum ("iron") (Wiktionary)