from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any salt or ester of a carboxylic acid.
- v. To form a carboxyl group by introduction of carbon dioxide
- v. To react with a carboxylic acid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to treat a chemical compound with carboxyl or carboxylic acid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. treat (a chemical compound) with carboxyl or carboxylic acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.