from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chemistry Having a valence of 1; univalent.
- adj. Immunology Containing antigens from a single strain of a microorganism: a monovalent vaccine; a monovalent serum.
- adj. Immunology Having only one site of attachment. Used of an antibody or antigen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. univalent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a valence of one; univalent. See univalent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., having a valence equal to that of hydrogen, represented by unity. Also, and more properly, called univalent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a valence of 1
- adj. containing only one kind of antibody
mono- + -valent (Wiktionary)