from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An agent that promotes recovery from injury or ailment; a medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medicine, medication or drug
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything used for healing diseases or wounds, especially a medicine; a medication; a healing application.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A healing substance; anything used as a curative; a medicine or remedy; now, more especially, a healing substance applied externally.
- n. Medicinal effect; curative power; the property of healing or remedying disease or disorder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
Latin medicāmentum, from medicāre, to cure; see medicate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)