from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relieving or preventing spasms, especially of smooth muscle.
- n. An antispasmodic agent. Also called spasmolytic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to something that suppresses spasms, generally a drug.
- n. A drug that suppresses spasms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Good against spasms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine, curative of spasm; checking or curing convulsions.
- n. In medicine, a remedy for spasm or convulsions, as ether, chloroform, the bromides, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug used to relieve or prevent spasms (especially of the smooth muscles)
Sorry, no etymologies found.