from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A medicine; a medicament.
- n. The act or process of treating with medicine.
- n. Administration of medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medicine, or all the medicines regularly taken by a patient
- n. The administration of medicine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The act or process of medicating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of medicating or imbuing with medicinal substances; the infusion of medicinal virtues.
- n. The use or application of medicine; specifically, the administration of a therapeutic agent in order to produce some specific modification in the structure or function of the organism, as in producing diuresis, perspiration, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of treating with medicines or remedies
- n. (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
From Latin as if * medicatio, from medicari ("to heal, cure"), from medicus ("a physician, surgeon"), from mederi ("to heal"). (Wiktionary)