from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A medicine; a medicament.
- n. The act or process of treating with medicine.
- n. Administration of medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medicine, or all the medicines regularly taken by a patient
- n. The administration of medicine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The act or process of medicating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of medicating or imbuing with medicinal substances; the infusion of medicinal virtues.
- n. The use or application of medicine; specifically, the administration of a therapeutic agent in order to produce some specific modification in the structure or function of the organism, as in producing diuresis, perspiration, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of treating with medicines or remedies
- n. (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
His new pain medication is working, and it doesn't leave him so groggy.
I did something similar a few months ago and felt much better after I got some good pain medication from the doctor.
Also, pain medication is tightly controlled here, so it may be necessary to go to the hospital for post-op prescriptions.
News releases use the term "medication," but let's be clear.
Hang the calendar in the area where the medication is administered, and mark it every time a dose is taken.
This happened because two of my medications were interacting badly, so the doctors put me on what they called a medication vacationnow on a vacation like this you dont get a tan, there is no Club Med, and you cant send cute little postcards.
If you are interested in being on WAAM 1600 I would like to arrange it, but it would be important to me that we provide a structured format where the issues in your latest book can be discussed with a civility that the complex issues and emotions require rather than a shouting match with the host or the hosts regular callers who may have forgotten to take their medication from the morning.
After consulting your GP, who might or might not think that medication is the right thing for you, it is often the great thought to deliberate the great trained as great as gifted solicitor to benefit we strike your problem.
Sedation in combination with pain medication is also used in the Radiology Department to help children remain comfortable during stressful procedures.
Fentanyl (Brand name: Sublimaze) - a pain medication used to supplement sedation and/or relieve pain.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.