American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See Croat.
- adj. Of or relating to Croatia or its people, language, or culture.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Croats or Croatia.
- n. A Croat.
- n. The Slavic dialect of the Croats, closely allied to Servian.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Croatia, the Croatian people or their language.
- n. An inhabitant of Croatia; a person of Croatian descent.
- n. The standardized variety of Serbo-Croatian, a South Slavic language, spoken by Croats.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Croatia.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Croatia or its people or language
- n. a member of the Slavic people living in Croatia
“There are also some stories in Croatian on Serbian site Art-anima.”
“And, after realising there's interest in Croatian SF abroad, I translated my story "What Colour is the Wind?" into English and sent it to Iwoleit.”
“I feel that this new book, Apex Book of World SF, is an important project and I really hope it will succeed, because I have faith not only in Croatian SF, but in SF from many other countries worldwide.”
“Conflating Serbian and Croatian is somewhat understandable.”
“I thought this was a bit condescending, conjuring up images of people gratefully expounding your virtues as a dialectic genius (Interestingly, Croatian is actually a dialect of Serbo-Croat/Croato-Serbian, and NOT a language in itself).”
“Croatian is a difficult language to learn, and the locals rarely expect anyone to bother, which makes them all the more pleasantly surprised if you make the effort to learn a few phrases.”
“Also reprinted in Croatian translation in the magazine Futura.”
“One of leading scorers in Croatian professional leagues; spent last season with Cibona”
“Croatian is written in the Roman alphabet, is identified with Roman Catholicism, and borrows its high-culture words from the west -- from German, for example, and Latin.”
“The same is true in Croatian, where an explanation is also added:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Croatian’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Note: Some language editions ignore diacritical marks (ie. Romanian) while others (ie. Icelandic) include them.
Looking for tweets for Croatian.