from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An emotional and physical intimate relationship which includes a common living place and which exists without legal or religious sanction.
- n. The act of living together.
- n. A place where two or more individuals reside together.
- n. The act of two species living together in the same habitat.
- n. Cooperation between politicians of opposing political parties; especially, in France, between a President and Prime Minister.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or state of dwelling together, or in the same place with another.
- n. The living together of a man and woman in supposed sexual relationship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or state of dwelling together or in the same place.
- n. The state of dwelling or living together as husband and wife: often with reference to persons who are not legally married, and usually, but not always, implying sexual intercourse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of living together and having a sexual relationship (especially without being married)
From French cohabitation, from Latin cohabitationem. (Wiktionary)