from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of complying (or evaluate by comparing) with a standard.
- n. The process of establishing a standard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of standardizing, or the state of being standardized. Also spelled standardisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of checking or adjusting (by comparison with a standard) the accuracy of a measuring instrument
- n. the imposition of standards or regulations
- n. the condition in which a standard has been successfully established
standardize + -ation (Wiktionary)