from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of ameliorating.
- n. The state of being ameliorated; improvement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of making better.
- n. an improvement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of ameliorating, or the state of being ameliorated; making or becoming better; improvement; melioration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of ameliorating, or the state of being ameliorated; a making or becoming better; improvement; melioration.
- n. A thing wherein improvement is realized; an improvement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of relieving ills and changing for the better
French amélioration (Wiktionary)