from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of naturalizing somebody.
- n. The admission or adoption of foreign words or customs into general use.
- n. The introduction and establishment of an animal or plant into a place where it is not indigenous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of naturalizing, esp. of investing an alien with the rights and privileges of a native or citizen; also, the state of being naturalized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of naturalizing, or the state of being naturalized; specifically, in law, the act of receiving an alien into the condition, and investing him with the rights and privileges, of a natural subject or citizen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the proceeding whereby a foreigner is granted citizenship
- n. the quality of being brought into conformity with nature
- n. the introduction of animals or plants to places where they flourish but are not indigenous
- n. changing the pronunciation of a borrowed word to agree with the borrowers' phonology
Sorry, no etymologies found.