from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of depositing sediment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The separation of a suspension of solid particles into a concentrated slurry and a supernatant liquid, either to concentrate the solid or to clarify the liquid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of depositing a sediment; specifically (Geol.), the deposition of the material of which sedimentary rocks are formed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The deposition of sediment; the accumulation of earthy sediment to form strata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the phenomenon of sediment or gravel accumulating
Sorry, no etymologies found.