from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The conduct of a lawsuit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of litigating; a suit at law; a judicial contest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of litigating or carrying on a suit in a court of law or equity; a judicial contest.
- n. Any dispute or discussion dependent upon evidence for decision.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a legal proceeding in a court; a judicial contest to determine and enforce legal rights
litigate + -tion (Wiktionary)