Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of soliciting. Excitation; invitation; temptation; allurement; enticement; disturbing effect.
- n. In criminal law:
- n. The inciting of another to commit a crime.
- n. The enticing of a man by a prostitute in a public place.
- n. Endeavor to influence by bribery.
- n. An earnest request; a seeking with some degree of zeal and earnestness to obtain something from another: as, the solicitation of a favor.
- n. (d ) Advocacy.
- n. Synonyms Entreaty, supplication, importunity, appeal, petition, suit.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of soliciting; earnest request; persistent asking; importunity.
- n. Excitement; invitation.
- n. the act of enticing a person to do something wrong (as an offer of sex in return for money)
- n. request for a sum of money
- n. an entreaty addressed to someone of superior status
- French solicitation, or Latin sollicitatio. (Wiktionary)
“This comment made me wonder about an intriguing question: If an attorney who reads my blog responds to her comment by emailing her, has said attorney engaged in "solicitation" as defined by the newly promulgated New York lawyer advertising rules?”
“The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and an assortment of national business groups opposed to President Obama's health-care reform effort are collecting money to finance an economic study that could be used to portray the legislation as a job killer and threat to the nation's economy, according to an e-mail solicitation from a top Chamber official.”
“In the draft ordinance, it's claimed that Residents of and businesses in the greater downtown area in Seattle believe agressive solicitation is a serious problem in their home neighborhoods, and residents of the rest of the city agree ...”
“The latest twist to traffic stops/mordida solicitation, is the threat to impound the car because the windshield sticker is expired, even though we all know that it's good as long as the FM3 has been renewed.”
“And Michael did, bumping his flanks against Daughtry's knee; nudging his head against Daughtry's hand, in solicitation for more of the blissful ear-rubbing and tail-twisting.”
“Learn marketing tips for marketing your business's services or goods to the government before a solicitation is issued. 10 a.m. to noon, E-volve Small Business Advocacy & Training Center, 163 Waterfront St.,”
“Lute tossed her blond head defiantly, glanced at her comrades in solicitation of support, and said:”
“(Even when Marvel comes up with a property that might appeal to women, the solicitation is still written for the “fellas.”)”
“A leader in the Chinatown International District recently declared, “The current level of aggressive solicitation is slowly choking the life out of this business district.””
“My question: If a COTS-D solicitation is to be made, should it be opened to a lifting body as well as a blunt-bodied capsule?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘solicitation’.
Annoying, little, things. In a single word.
Don't commit any of these if you can
firearms trafficking, serious and organ..., trafficking in hu..., illegal shipment ..., cybercrime, money laundering, sale of counterfe..., sale of dangerous..., smuggling, infraction, corruption, organised crime and 153 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Hangman Deluxe Words of They Day
Deservedly thou griev'st, composed of lies
From the beginning, and in lies wilt end
Asinine and puerile.
Looking for tweets for solicitation.