from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Making active and effective.
- n. The process of making a radioisotope by bombarding a stable element with neutrons or protons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of making active.
- n. making active and effective (as a bomb).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rendering active or the state of being activated; specifically, in physics, the process or method of producing radioactivity in a body by exposure to the influence of a radioactive substance or otherwise; the state or condition of being radioactive; ionization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stimulation of activity in an organism or chemical
- n. the activity of causing to have energy and be active
- n. making active and effective (as a bomb)
Sorry, no etymologies found.