from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The forming of fibers.
- n. Fine, rapid twitching of individual muscle fibers with little or no movement of the muscle as a whole.
- n. Rapid uncoordinated twitching movements that replace the normal rhythmic contraction of the heart and may cause a lack of circulation and pulse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The rapid, irregular, and unsynchronized contraction of the muscle fibers of the heart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being reduced to fibers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being fibrillar or fibrillated.
- n. The formation of fibrils.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. act or process of forming fibrils
- n. muscular twitching involving individual muscle fibers acting without coordination
From New Latin fibrilla, diminutive of Latin fibra, "fiber," in reference to the muscle strands of the heart. (Wiktionary)