from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being rough, coarseness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being rough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being rough, in any sense of that word; physical, mental, or moral want of smoothness or equability; asperity, coarseness, harshness, rudeness, etc.
- n. Fodder for animals, consisting of dried cornstalks cut into short pieces.
- n. Synonyms See rough.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a texture of a surface or edge that is not smooth but is irregular and uneven
- n. harsh or severe speech or behavior
- n. the formation of small pits in a surface as a consequence of corrosion
- n. the quality of being unpleasant (harsh or rough or grating) to the senses
- n. rowdy behavior
- n. used of the sea during inclement or stormy weather
- n. an unpolished unrefined quality
rough + -ness (Wiktionary)