from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being coarse, roughness or primitiveness, unrefined or unpolished.
- n. The quality or state of being coarse; as, coarseness of food, texture, manners, or language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being coarse; roughness; inelegance; vulgarity; grossness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being coarse, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking taste and refinement
- n. looseness or roughness in texture (as of cloth)
- n. the quality of being composed of relatively large particles
- n. language or humor that is down-to-earth
coarse + -ness (Wiktionary)