from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being rank, of having a repulsive odor, of being stinky, foul or malodorous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition or quality of being rank.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Physical strength; effective force; potency.
- n. Strength of kind, quality, or degree, in a disparaging sense; hence, extravagance; excess; grossness; repulsiveness: as, rankness of growth; the rankness of a poison, or of one's pride or pretensions.
- n. Insolence; presumption.
- n. Strength of growth; rapid or excessive increase; exuberance; extravagance; excess, as of plants, or of the wood of trees.
- n. Excessive fertility; exuberant productiveness, as of soil.
- n. Offensive or noisome smell or taste; repulsiveness to the senses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the attribute of having a strong offensive smell
- n. the property of producing abundantly and sustaining vigorous and luxuriant growth
Sorry, no etymologies found.