from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Frozen dew that forms a white coating on a surface. Also called white frost.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dew-drops which have undergone deposition and frozen into ice crystals to form a white deposit on an exposed surface, when the air is cold and moist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The white particles formed by the congelation of dew; white frost.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. White frost. See hoar, a., and frost.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside)
hoar + frost (Wiktionary)