from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing a revelation: "the distinction between Mrs. and Miss and its concomitant revelatory features” ( Mario Pei).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or in the nature of a revelation
- adj. Prophetic (especially of doom); apocalyptic
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the nature or character of a revelation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (usually followed by `of') pointing out or revealing clearly
- adj. prophetic of devastation or ultimate doom
Sorry, no etymologies found.