from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Interested and involved: sent a memorandum to those concerned.
- adj. Anxious; troubled: the concerned parents of youthful offenders.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing concern.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of concern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disturbed; troubled; solicitous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or manifesting disquietude; uneasy; troubled; anxious: as, she watched his movements with a concerned look or feeling; he was concerned about his prospects.
- A euphemism for damned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. culpably involved
- adj. involved in or affected by or having a claim to or share in
- adj. feeling or showing worry or solicitude
Sorry, no etymologies found.
AN Irish counsel being asked by the judge for whom was he concerned, replied, "I am _concerned_ for the plaintiff, but I'm _retained_ by the defendant."
Palmer was on his feet in a second, his expression concerned and confused.
His voice was smooth, his expression concerned when he spoke to the cop.
If an employment contract provides for a probation period only, then there is no probation period and the term concerned shall be the term of the employment contract.
The title concerned me. to add some Digg pizzaz to your day.
He ran up the driveway toward her, his expression concerned.
Wallace stood beside her lover, her expression concerned.
As Kincaid hesitated, Patrick Rennie came out the front door and walked toward them, his expression concerned.
In the continued absence of a new model that adequately includes them, major global media groups remain concerned over revenues lost to unauthorised file-sharing decades after the arrival of the internet, and their focus is still on enforcement and extension of their rights ….
I really enjoyed that, that was awesome because American Idol, as far as I'm concerned, is the greatest visual platform that any artist could ever have in the history of show business.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.