American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not concerned; not anxious; feeling no concern or solicitude; easy in mind; not interested; not affected.
- Synonyms Unconcerned at, for, about. With at, unconcerned means not anxious in view of something that is or happens; with for it means not anxious for the safety or success of some object of interest or desire: unconcerned at the successes of a rival; unconcerned for one's own safety. With about it generally means the same as with for, but sometimes the same as with at.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not concerned; not anxious or solicitous; easy in mind; carelessly secure; indifferent.
- adj. easy in mind; not worried
- adj. lacking in interest or care or feeling
- adj. not occupied or engaged with
“... the Establishment Clause permits this disregard of polytheists and believers in unconcerned deities, just as it permits the disregard of devout atheists.”
“So unconcerned, that is, that he recently told Rep. Marty Meehan that he did not believe that firing all”
“Expression unconcerned, Richard stood while the head gaoler picked up the empty box, shook it to hear if it rattled, rapped all four sides, top and bottom.”
“Wife she's been layin 'by egg money all spring to buy a swingin', silver-plated ice-pitcher, so he'll feel at home with sech things, an 'capable of walkin' up to one an 'tiltin' it unconcerned, which is more'n”
“Needless to say, far from being "unconcerned", I inquired into the matter to satisfy myself that these allegations had been thoroughly examined by the competent authorities.”
“We could call those the "unconcerned" moderates, and I don't mean to denigrate them.”
“ANNE BIRD, AUTHOR, "BLOOD BROTHER": It was his tone of voice, kind of unconcerned about the body of a woman.”
“You know, so kind of unconcerned about the body of a woman, but then the body of a baby seemed very important to him.”
“After the match, clearly having enjoyed the game, he side-stepped political questions and only said he was "unconcerned" by reports that President F W de Klerk was planning his demise as Transkei ruler.”
“His expression was unconcerned; he didn’t seem too worried about the fate of the ghosts in the jars.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unconcerned’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for unconcerned.