from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exhibiting a lack of attention; not attentive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to lack of attention; not paying attention; careless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not attentive; not fixing the mind on an object; heedless; careless; negligent; regardless
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not attentive; not fixing the mind attentively; heedless; careless; negligent: as, an inattentive habit.
- Synonyms Abstracted, Preoccupied, etc. See absent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing a lack of attention or care
- adj. not showing due care or attention
Sorry, no etymologies found.