from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Changing or varying, especially often and without discernible pattern or reason.
- adj. Fickle; faithless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not constant; wavering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not constant; not stable or uniform; subject to change of character, appearance, opinion, inclination, or purpose, etc.; not firm; unsteady; fickle; changeable; variable; -- said of persons or things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not constant; subject to change; not firm; unsteady; fickle; capricious: said chiefly of persons: as, inconstant in love or friendship.
- Synonyms Unstable, vacillating, wavering, volatile, unsettled, uncertain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. likely to change frequently often without apparent or cogent reason; variable
in- + constant (Wiktionary)