from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking loyalty. See Synonyms at faithless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an absence of loyalty; faithless, traitorous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not loyal; not true to a sovereign or lawful superior, or to the government under which one lives; false where allegiance is due; faithless
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not true to one's allegiance; false to one's obligation of loyalty to a sovereign, state, or government; not loyal.
- Not true to one's obligations or engagements; inconstant in duty or in love; faithless; perfidious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deserting your allegiance or duty to leader or cause or principle
- adj. showing lack of love for your country
Late Middle English, from Old French desloial : des-, dis- + loial, loyal; see loyal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle English, from Anglo-Norman desleal, desloial (Wiktionary)