from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being disloyal; faithlessness.
- n. A disloyal act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of being disloyal; a betrayal.
- n. The quality of being disloyal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of loyalty; lack of fidelity; violation of allegiance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want of loyalty; specifically, violation of allegiance or duty to a sovereign, state, or government.
- n. Want of fidelity to one's obligations or engagements; inconstancy in duty or in love; faithlessness; perfidy. Spectator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being disloyal
Old French desloiauté (Modern déloyauté) from des- + loiauté ("loyalty") (Wiktionary)