from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard.
- transitive v. To show a lack of respect for: disrespected her elders; disrespected the law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lack of respect, esteem or courteous behaviour.
- v. To show a lack of respect to someone or something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of respect or reverence; disesteem; incivility; discourtesy.
- transitive v. To show disrespect to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To have or show no respect for; hold in disesteem.
- n. Want of respect or reverence; manifestation of disesteem; incivility.
- n. Synonyms Discourtesy, impoliteness, slight, neglect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a manner that is generally disrespectful and contemptuous
- n. a disrespectful mental attitude
- v. show a lack of respect for
- v. have little or no respect for; hold in contempt
- n. an expression of lack of respect
dis- + respect (Wiktionary)