from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of disapproving; condemnation or censure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of disapproving, an expression of condemnation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Disapprobation; dislike; censure; adverse judgment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disapproving; disapprobation; dislike.
- n. Synonyms See disapprobation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of disapproving or condemning
- n. a feeling of disliking something or what someone is doing
- n. the expression of disapproval
- n. an inclination to withhold approval from some person or group
dis- + approval (Wiktionary)