from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Moral disapproval; condemnation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act or expression of condemnation or disapproval, especially on moral grounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disapproving; mental condemnation of what is judged wrong, unsuitable, or inexpedient; feeling of censure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or state of disapproving; a condemnatory feeling or utterance; disapproval; censure, expressed or unexpressed.
- n. Synonyms Disapprobation and Disapproval show the same difference as approbation and approval. See approbation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing as wrong or morally culpable
dis- + approbation (Wiktionary)