American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To regard with distaste or aversion.
- n. An attitude or a feeling of distaste or aversion.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To annoy; vex; displease.
- To be displeased with; regard with some aversion or displeasure; disrelish; not to like.
- n. The feeling of being displeased; fixed aversion or distaste; repugnance; the attitude of one's mind toward one who or that which is disagreeable.
- n. Discord; disagreement.
- n. Synonyms Hatred, Dislike, Antipathy, etc. (see antipathy); disrelish, distaste, disapprobation. Disfavor, Dishonor, etc. See odium.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To regard with dislike or aversion; to disapprove; to disrelish.
- v. To awaken dislike in; to displease.
- n. A feeling of positive and usually permanent aversion to something unpleasant, uncongenial, or offensive; disapprobation; repugnance; displeasure; disfavor; -- the opposite of
- n. obsolete Discord; dissension.
- n. an inclination to withhold approval from some person or group
- v. have or feel a dislike or distaste for
- n. a feeling of aversion or antipathy
- From dis- + like. (Wiktionary)
“Huskers fans are imagining conspiracies against their team, convinced that anyone else's dislike is code for jealousy of all Nebraska's awesomeness.”
“They may well be dismayed at the changes they don't like ... but at the very heart of their dislike is their dislike for a man of color in the highest seat in the land!”
“The primary cause of the dislike is the multiple year contracts that cell phone companies try so hard to force people into.”
“Huskers fans are imagining conspiracies against their team, convinced that anyone else’s dislike is code for jealousy of all Nebraska’s awesomeness.”
“To me, treating women as if they are less than full human beings, that is, to see them only as an image that you like or dislike, is an act of hatred.”
“My eggplant dislike is well-known in my husband's family.”
“Why anyone would waste their time reading and commenting on something they dislike is beyond me”
“What the liberal Jews on the non-far-left dislike is internal pressure from some parts of the Jewish community to publicly support Israel no matter what.”
“They went about creating the Mighty Wurlitzer in order to create the impression everything they dislike is unpopular and then they created their own media to declare it as such and go about the task of making it unpopular.”
“What I really dislike is preferential treatment for tax cheats, for fraud and for stuffing their pockets with our tax dollars.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dislike’.
Definition Many of these can also be dynamic.
Please just list bare infinitives to keep the list wieldy. Perhaps a tag (e.g., “stative”) would be sufficient for participles.)
Use this words and become a young lady from some of Jane Austen's books.
Looking for tweets for dislike.