from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or feeling of being empty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being empty; absence of contents; void space; vacuum
- n. Want of solidity or substance; unsatisfactoriness; inability to satisfy desire; vacuity; hollowness.
- n. Want of knowledge; lack of sense; vacuity of mind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being empty; the state of containing nothing, or nothing but air: as, the emptiness of a vessel.
- n. Lack of food in the stomach; a state of fasting.
- n. Void space; a vacuum.
- n. Want of solidity or substance.
- n. Unsatisfactoriness; insufficiency to satisfy the mind or heart; worthlessness.
- n. Want of understanding or knowledge; vacuity of mind; inanity.
- n. Synonyms Vanity, hollowness, nothingness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. having an empty stomach
- n. an empty area or space
- n. the state of containing nothing
- n. the quality of being valueless or futile
empty + -ness (Wiktionary)