from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being null.
- n. Something that is null, especially an act having no legal validity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being null, or void, or invalid.
- n. A void act; a defective proceeding or one expressly declared by statute to be a nullity.
- n. A corank.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being null; nothingness; want of efficacy or force.
- n. Nonexistence.
- n. That which is null.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The state or quality of being null or void; want of force or efficacy; insignificance; nothingness.
- That which is null, void, invalid, or of no force or efficacy; a nonentity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that is null (especially an enactment that has no legal validity)
- n. the state of nonexistence
From null and -ity (Wiktionary)