American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or state of being insignificant.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being insignificant; lack of significance or import; unimportance; triviality; meanness; want of force, influence, or consideration.
- n. the state of being insignificant
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The condition or quality of being insignificant; lack of significance, sense, or meaning.
- n. Lack of force or effect; unimportance; pettiness; inefficacy.
- n. Lack of claim to consideration or notice; lack of influence or standing; meanness.
- n. the quality of having little or no significance
“Minimizing the problem to the point of insignificance is not a victory.”
“With our numbers and technology the way they are now, our former shell of global insignificance is broken, and the old ways will not promote our survival or growth anymore.”
“In each a character clinging absurdly to a sense of his own emotional insignificance is finally moved, despite himself, to embrace life's complex if at times mortifying drama.”
“I have made thee small -- Thy reduction to insignificance is as sure as if it were already accomplished; therefore the past tense is used”
“A life of insignificance, is a life that does not signify anything," Mr. Marshall added.”
“My other comment for the sceptics, regarding Phil Jones’ admission of statistical insignificance is this:”
“The awareness of one’s own insignificance is guaranteed to break any being’s spirit at once.”
“In the time of the Terror his insignificance was his refuge.”
“Kingdom; the one recalling the insignificance and helplessness of that then literal handful of disciples, the other holding up to their view the eternal love that encircled them, the everlasting arms that were underneath them, and the high inheritance awaiting them!”
“It is boasted here that their insignificance is a sign of the well-being of the people; that the smallness of the power necessary for carrying on the machine shows how beautifully the machine is organized, and how well it works.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘insignificance’.
Use these and get promoted
Looking for tweets for insignificance.