from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being insignificant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being insignificant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition or quality of being insignificant; lack of significance, sense, or meaning.
- n. Lack of force or effect; unimportance; pettiness; inefficacy.
- n. Lack of claim to consideration or notice; lack of influence or standing; meanness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being insignificant; lack of significance or import; unimportance; triviality; meanness; want of force, influence, or consideration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of having little or no significance
Sorry, no etymologies found.