from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being immaterial.
- n. Something immaterial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being immaterial
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being immaterial or incorporeal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or quality of being immaterial or spiritual: as, the immateriality of the soul.
- n. An immaterial existence or essence; that which is without matter.
- n. The character of being unimportant, nonessential, or irrelevant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. complete irrelevance requiring no further consideration
- n. the quality of not being physical; not consisting of matter
in- + materiality (Wiktionary)