from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Departure from one's homeland to live in another country; migration.
- n. The movement of a soul from one body to another after death; metempsychosis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of passing from one country to another; migration.
- n. The passing of the soul at death into another mortal body; metempsychosis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of transmigrating; passage from one place, state, or form into another.
- n. Specifically— In physiology, the passage of cells through a membrane or the wall of a vessel: as, the transmigration of the white blood-corpuscles from the capillaries into the surrounding tissues in commencing inflammation.
- n. The supposed passing of the soul into another body after death; metempsychosis; reincarnation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the passing of a soul into another body after death
From Latin transmigratio. (Wiktionary)