American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of conveying or delivering.
- n. Something delivered, as a shipment or package.
- n. The act of transferring to another.
- n. Law A formal act of transferring ownership of property to another: delivery of a deed.
- n. The act of giving up; surrender.
- n. The act or manner of throwing or discharging.
- n. The act of giving birth; parturition.
- n. Utterance or enunciation: The historic speech required but two minutes in delivery.
- n. The act or manner of speaking or singing: a folk singer's casual delivery.
- n. The act of releasing or rescuing.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of setting free; the act of freeing from bondage, danger, or evil of any kind; release; rescue; deliverance.
- n. A giving or passing from one to another; the act of transferring or handing over to another: as, the delivery of goods or of a deed; the delivery of a parcel or a letter.
- n. Surrender; a giving up.
- n. In law, the placing of one person in legal possession of a thing by another.
- n. Aid given in the act of parturition; the bringing forth of offspring; childbirth.
- n. Utterance; enunciation; manner of speaking or singing.
- n. The act of sending or putting forth; emission; discharge: as, the delivery of the ball in base-ball, cricket, etc.; the delivery of fire or of a charge in battle; the delivery of a blow from the shoulder.
- n. Capacity for pouring out or disburdening of contents: as, the delivery of a pipe.
- n. Free motion or use of the limbs; activity; agility.
- n. In founding, allowance or free play given to a pattern so that it can be readily lifted from the mold. Also called draw-taper.
- n. In a cotton-mill, the quantity of sliver delivered from a machine.
- n. The act of conveying something
- n. The item which has been conveyed
- n. The act of giving birth
- n. baseball A pitching motion
- n. baseball A thrown pitch
- n. The manner of speaking
- n. medicine administration of a drug
- n. cricket A ball bowled
- n. curling The process of throwing a stone
- adj. Related to delivery.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of delivering from restraint; rescue; release; liberation.
- n. The act of delivering up or over; surrender; transfer of the body or substance of a thing; distribution.
- n. The act or style of utterance; manner of speaking
- n. The act of giving birth; parturition; the expulsion or extraction of a fetus and its membranes.
- n. The act of exerting one's strength or limbs.
- n. The act or manner of delivering a ball.
- n. (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
- n. the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another
- n. your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally
- n. the act of delivering a child
- n. the event of giving birth
- n. the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail)
- n. recovery or preservation from loss or danger
“__ same day delivery cheap overnight __ purchase __ uk delivery& br__ overnight no script mastercard accepted”
“Is the term delivery another way of saying SMS alerts? reply”
“-- The term delivery has been broadly applied to include the whole of labor.”
“After all, pizza delivery is available in the one and not the other.”
“His style in his speeches, his delivery is the same style as his pastor.”
“About speeches - I always write notes, and then tend to deviate from them so that the delivery is as fresh as possible (without losing sight of the points I hope to make).”
“I think Colbert did a fantastic job – while his delivery is a bit “dry” – it hit the spot.”
“MOORE: Well, this is the big difference between the mechanism of what we call the delivery system.”
“U.N. Human rights special rapporteur Rene Degni-Seguy also asked Rwandan and international authorities to speed up what he called the delivery of justice to help heal the wounds of last year's genocide which killed up to one million people.”
“A new study finds that, when a woman has fibroids removed by "keyhole" surgery, her chances of having a successful pregnancy and a term delivery are good.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘delivery’.
Great words to teach you how to write a fight scene - and for those writers who want to get the old gears of the mind cranking, here's a few fight scene tips to get you started - this is NOT by me,...
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Options terms you must know in order to be a successful options trader.
abandon, accrued interest, acquisition, adjusted option, affidavit of domi..., all-or-none order..., american deposito..., american stock ex..., american-style op..., arbitrage, ask or offer, assigned and 366 more...
Terms and phrases associated with the game and sport of curling.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Words to do with rhetoric--study of, history of, practice of, theory of
Words connected to logistics; designed for Business English students.
Words used to create the names of Pokémon, which are usually portmanteaux.
This is a list of my favourite words (phrases) in english, as a second language. I love them mostly because of how they sound and their meaning.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for delivery.