American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of retrieving.
- n. Computer Science The process of accessing information from memory or other storage devices.
- n. The possibility of being retrieved or restored: lost possessions beyond retrieval.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of retrieving; recovery; restoration.
- n. the act of retrieving or something retrieved
- n. computing the operation of accessing data, either from memory or from a storage device
- n. the cognitive process of bringing stored information into consciousness
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act retrieving.
- n. the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
- n. the cognitive operation of accessing information in memory
- n. (computer science) the operation of accessing information from the computer's memory
“Does not require caching the search results other than the title retrieval information.”
“Not that I don't think information retrieval is an important skill that every child should have, but my fiction circulates SO much more than nonfiction -- even those that are curricular based nonfiction titles do not always get taken out.”
“While information retrieval is still exceedingly important, the infrastructure has blown the doors off of write-access, turning the Web into the Peer to Peer network that it was invented to be.”
“As already noted, egg retrieval is expensive and invasive.”
“Working memory, which allows for short-term retrieval and storage of information, is closely related to the kind of mental control used in mindfulness.”
“During the word retrieval / scene encoding phase, participants perform an old / new word recognition task including words presented at the word encoding phase intermixed with new words.”
“Preceding the word retrieval / scene encoding phase, participants were presented in the scanner with a "localizer" task involving passive viewing of either 80 spatial scenes, 80 four-letter words, or a fixation cross.”
“During the word retrieval phase, participants simultaneously performed a visual attention task.”
“During the word retrieval / scene enceoding phase, participants performed a word recognition task.”
“But the idea of retrieval practice didn't need to involve testing at all.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘retrieval’.
Terms from the fields of terminology, lexicography, lexicology and corpus linguistics
passive public in..., initial exercise ..., printed media, observation flight, reconnaissance ai..., advanced tactical..., recconnaissance, communication sys..., communications sa..., communication wit..., electronic counte..., engineer intellig... and 131 more...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
Looking for tweets for retrieval.