from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Gradual restoration to health; convalescence.
- n. Instance of getting something back.
- n. Process by which radical or subversive ideas are co-opted by mainstream society.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Recovery, as of anything lost, especially of the health or strength.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Recovery, as of something lost.
- n. Specifically, recovery of strength or health.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
Latin recuperātiō. See recuperate, -ation. (Wiktionary)