from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blowing or fusing together, as of many instruments in a concert, or of many fires in a foundry.
- n. A blend or fusion, especially a composite reading or text formed by combining the material of two or more texts into a single text.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A blowing together, as of many instruments in a concert, or of many fires in a foundry.
- n. a fusing together; merger of two or more things or ideas into one.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The blowing of two or more musical instruments together.
- n. A melting or casting of metal.
- n. In diplomatics: An inadvertent combination of two readings of the same passage, so as to produce a new reading different from either.
- n. A reading which has thus originated.
Sorry, no etymologies found.