from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Secretion or formation of milk by the mammary glands.
- n. The period during which the mammary glands secrete milk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The secretion of milk from the mammary gland of a female mammal.
- n. The process of providing the milk to the young; breastfeeding.
- n. The period of time that a mother lactates to feed her young; lactation period.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The secretion and yielding of milk by the mammary gland; giving suck.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The formation or secretion of milk; the physiological function of secreting milk.
- n. The act of giving suck, or the time of suckling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the production and secretion of milk by the mammary glands
- n. the period following birth during which milk is secreted
- n. feeding an infant by giving suck at the breast
Sorry, no etymologies found.