from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of giving birth; childbirth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of giving birth; childbirth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of bringing forth, or being delivered of, young; the act of giving birth; delivery; childbirth.
- n. That which is brought forth; a birth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of bringing forth or being delivered of young.
- n. That which is brought forth; burden; birth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of giving birth
Late Latin parturītiō, parturītiōn-, from Latin parturītus, past participle of parturīre, to be in labor; see parturient.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)