from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The human act or process of giving birth; parturition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fact or action of giving birth to a child, as the culmination of pregnancy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of bringing forth a child; travail; labor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of bringing forth a child; travail; labor: as, “pains of child-birth,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the parturition process in human beings; having a baby; the process of giving birth to a child
Sorry, no etymologies found.