Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of separating from lees or dregs; a cleansing from impurities or foreign matter; clarification.
- n. The act of discharging the fæces; the act of evacuating the bowels.
- n. Figuratively, purification from what is gross or low.
- n. Act or process of voiding feces from bowels.
- n. Any of several processes for the removal of impurities, or for clarifying various materials.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of separating from impurities, as lees or dregs; purification.
- n. (Physiol.) The act or process of voiding excrement.
- n. the elimination of fecal waste through the anus
- Attested in the early 17th Century CE; from Late Latin defecationem, nominative case of deficatio, from defecare; cognate with Latin defaecatio (dēfaecātiō, "defecation"). (Wiktionary)
“(Note to the Utods who read this blog: covering yourself in your own defecation is frowned upon over here.)”
“-- The purification of conjugial love may be compared with the purification of natural spirits, as effected by the chemists, and called defecation, 145.”
“This spiritual purification may be compared with the purification of natural spirits, which is effected by the chemists, and is called defecation, rectification, castigation, acution, decantation, and sublimation; and wisdom purified may be compared with alcohol, which is a highly rectified spirit.”
“In India, India has an enormous problem of open defecation, which is people simply don't have a latrine or anything, any kind of container, and they will just do their business wherever they can, which is generally by the roadside or in the brush, or in the … just whatever's available.”
“But someone leaked it to the BBC anyway, and shouts of "defecation" in its colloquial short form echoed loud around the Telegraph newsroom.”
“Is it words that use some kind of defecation terminology to describe something dissimilar?”
“This may be indiscriminate or in special places for defecation generally accepted by the community, such as defecation fields, rubbish and manure heaps, or under trees.”
“The diet is important when you have hemorrhoid because taking in foods rich in fiber will make your body produce more water that will be deposited in your stools, technically making it easier to defecate and not strain during defecation which is one of the cause of hemorrhoid and this will also decrease the risk of further complication or pain that you will be experiencing.”
“The diet is important when you have hemorrhoid because taking in foods rich in fiber will make your body produce more water that will be deposited in your stools which will technically make you easy to defecate and not strain during defecation which is one of the cause of hemorrhoid and this will also decrease the risk of further complication or pain that you will be experiencing.”
“The report further said that open defecation which is the riskiest sanitation practice has dropped by 153 million as against 583 million in 2006.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘defecation’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
Human body sheddings, secretions, and offscum. Sometimes we gotta exuviate!
off the gound is a list of eye booger words made by trivet.
Looking for tweets for defecation.