from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Act or process of voiding feces from bowels.
- n. Any of several processes for the removal of impurities, or for clarifying various materials.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of separating from impurities, as lees or dregs; purification.
- n. The act or process of voiding excrement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of separating from lees or dregs; a cleansing from impurities or foreign matter; clarification.
- n. The act of discharging the fæces; the act of evacuating the bowels.
- n. Figuratively, purification from what is gross or low.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the elimination of fecal waste through the anus
Attested in the early 17th Century CE; from Late Latin defecationem, nominative case of deficatio, from defecare; cognate with Latin defaecatio (dēfaecātiō, "defecation"). (Wiktionary)