from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of placing a person in a hospital as a patient.
- n. The condition of being hospitalized.
- n. Insurance that fully or partially covers a patient's hospital expenses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hospitalizing of a patient, the condition of being hospitalized, or the period a patient stays in hospital.
- n. Insurance that pays a patient's expenses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the condition of being treated as a patient in a hospital
- n. placing in medical care in a hospital
- n. a period of time when you are confined to a hospital
- n. insurance that pays all or part of a patient's hospital expense
Sorry, no etymologies found.