from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of glorifying or the state of being glorified.
- n. The worshiping of a deity; extolment or laudation.
- n. The portrayal of something as being ideal; idealization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of glorifying or of giving glory to.
- n. The state of being glorifed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of glorifying, or of ascribing glory and honor to a person or thing.
- n. An ascription of glory; a formula of glorifying; specifically, a gloria or doxology.
- n. The state of being glorified or raised to glory; exaltation to honor and dignity.
- n. A celebration or jubilation: as, to hold a glorification over a victory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of high honor
- n. a portrayal of something as ideal
- n. the act of glorifying (as in worship)
Sorry, no etymologies found.