Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of glorifying, or of ascribing glory and honor to a person or thing.
- n. An ascription of glory; a formula of glorifying; specifically, a gloria or doxology.
- n. The state of being glorified or raised to glory; exaltation to honor and dignity.
- n. A celebration or jubilation: as, to hold a glorification over a victory.
- n. The act of glorifying or the state of being glorified.
- n. The worshiping of a deity; extolment or laudation.
- n. The portrayal of something as being ideal; idealization.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of glorifying or of giving glory to.
- n. The state of being glorifed.
- n. a state of high honor
- n. a portrayal of something as ideal
- n. the act of glorifying (as in worship)
“It is what I call glorification, to have a noble beast under you, that you can turn and wind and check and set forward as you please, as if his limbs were your own.”
“And so it went, verses new and old, verses without end, all in glorification of the succulent shellfish of Carmel.”
“Virgil's Georgics have been described as a glorification of labour.”
“Son -- who possessed all the infirmities and lusts of humanity without sin -- because they were overcome by the Father and the God within, to whom the Son was conjoined when the conquest, called his glorification, was complete.”
“Christ is sometimes called his glorification (ch.xiii. 31); for in his cross he conquered and triumphed.”
“The detective story, the "adult" analogue of a juvenile adventure tale, has at times been described as a glorification of intellectualized conflict.”
“3 Everything that he does is done in the pursuit of power, which for him, equates to his own glorification, which is merely his due for being him.”
“The bronze serpent is mentioned later, in the Gospel, as typifying Christ raised up on the cross, the cause of salvation for those who look at him with faith: "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up; that whosoever believes in him may have eternal life" (Jn 3: 14-15) When Christ is raised above all human things, he draws them towards himself; so his glorification is the means whereby all mankind obtain healing for evermore.”
“Whether a simple exercise of thankfulness "glorification" or asking for specific help or instruction -- or even not as structured as this -- silent prayer and the spiritual practice of peaceful awareness offers each of us a veritable oasis in the daily sea of stress and stimulus.”
“The farewell discourses of Jesus, as the Gospel of John presents them to us, hover in a singular way between time and eternity, between the presenthour of the Passion and the new presence of Jesus that is already dawning, because the Passion itself is at the same time his "glorification" as well.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘glorification’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
dedicated to my man Steven, without whom i would be addicted to drugs, lying in a gutter, hating myself, or hooking somewhere :)
Looking for tweets for glorification.