from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of rehabilitating something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of rehabilitating, or the state of being rehabilitated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rehabilitating, or reinstating in a former rank, standing, or capacity; restoration to former rights; restoration to or reëstablishment in the esteem of others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the conversion of wasteland into land suitable for use of habitation or cultivation
- n. the restoration of someone to a useful place in society
- n. the treatment of physical disabilities by massage and electrotherapy and exercises
- n. vindication of a person's character and the re-establishment of that person's reputation
You rehabilitation professionals and therapists can play an extremely important role in community-directed rehabilitation.
A good way to start a village or neighborhood rehabilitation program is to involve the local people in building a low-cost rehabilitation playground.
Yemeni government officials told us they hoped to place the men in what they called a rehabilitation camp, where experts would try to dissuade them of violence, offer them counseling, medical care and job training, and help them find work upon their release.
Even when blacks and whites responded the same way to questions about their contact with the criminal justice system and whether rehabilitation is the primary purpose of punishment, blacks were struck at higher rates; and —
• Even when blacks and whites responded the same way to questions about their contact with the criminal justice system and whether rehabilitation is the primary purpose of punishment, blacks were struck at higher rates;
"We were told he was held at a camp which is for combatants, which is separate, which they classify as a rehabilitation camp," Obhrai said.
"We haven't had the physical space before that is necessary to do what we call rehabilitation programs such as GED training and technical skills training," said Sparks.
The wildlife rehabilitation is now located in an army base and the street is off any map.
Suffice it for me to suggest that this attempted rehabilitation is surely doing the Speech Warrior ™ cause more harm than good.
In late January, Ms. Giffords was moved to a long-term rehabilitation hospital in Houston.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.