from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A turning or tilting backward.
- n. The state of being turned or tilted back.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being retroverted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A turning or bending backward; also, the state of being turned or bent backward; displacement backwards.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tilting or turning backward: as, retroversion of vertebral processes: especially applied in gynecology to an inclination of the uterus backward with the retention of its normal curve: opposed to anteversion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. returning to a former state
- n. translation back into the original language
- n. a turning or tilting backward of an organ or body part
From Latin retrōversus, retrorse; see retrorse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)