American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The condition of not being normal.
- n. A phenomenon or occurrence that is not normal.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being abnormal; deviation from a standard, rule, or type; irregularity; abnormity.
- n. That which is abnormal; that which is characterized by deviation from a standard, rule, or type; an abnormal feature.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state or quality of being abnormal; variation; irregularity.
- n. Something abnormal.
- n. behavior that breaches the rule or etiquette or custom or morality
- n. an abnormal physical condition resulting from defective genes or developmental deficiencies
- n. retardation sufficient to fall outside the normal range of intelligence
- n. marked strangeness as a consequence of being abnormal
“The keynote speaker wrote, "Antipsychotic drugs do not fix any known brain abnormality nor do they put brain chemistry back into balance.”
“Determining which of those women have cancer, The Lancet said, also will require 358 breast examinations by ultrasound; 313 biopsies, including 209 in which part of the breast containing the abnormality is surgically removed, and 500 additional doctor's office visits.”
“When a fetal diagnosis of a fetal abnormality is found, your referring physician should call our Center at 1-800-468-8376 (1-800-IN-UTERO) where our nurse coordinator will obtain your initial medical data by telephone.”
“Brain abnormality found in Alzheimer's disease related to gait impairment in older persons”
“Nowell called the abnormality the Philadelphia chromosome after the place of its discovery.”
“Use all these words like ugly and nasty and abnormality, which is not the kind of language you usually see, you know, in economic studies.”
“Because it is a general term, it is often used to refer to an abnormality that has been described but does not fit a defined category.”
“What I mean by believing the mirror, and breaking it, can be recorded in one case I remember; in which a realistic critic quoted German authorities to prove that Hamlet had a particular psycho-pathological abnormality, which is admittedly nowhere mentioned in the play.”
“1 - It's not really an 'abnormality' - AutoCAD has always behaved like this.”
“Woudenberg responds with a line I often hear: that if an unborn child has some kind of abnormality, it's best to abort him or her sooner and let the mother get on with her life.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘abnormality’.
aa gets over 40 hits
aardvark 49 hits
abbatoir 103 hits
abjure 138 hits
abandon,extreme e..., abash,to humiliate, abate,to lessen, abbreviate,to sho..., abridge, abdicate,to forma..., aberration,depart..., abnormality, abet,to encourage, abhor,to hate, abide,to follow o..., abject,utterly ho... and 2228 more...
alleviate,to lighten, altercation,a qua..., amicable,friendly, ambiguous,vague, put something to ..., unclear, adaptation,A comp..., albatross,a signi..., indifferent, cordial nature, to mitigate, affinity,a natura... and 2229 more...
abandon,extreme e..., dispensing of all..., abash,to humiliate, abate,to lessen, abbreviate,to sho..., abridge, abdicate,to forma..., aberration,depart..., abnormality, abet,to encourage, abhor,to hate, abide,to follow o... and 2229 more...
Looking for tweets for abnormality.