from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of not being normal.
- n. A phenomenon or occurrence that is not normal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being abnormal; variation; irregularity.
- n. Something abnormal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being abnormal; deviation from a standard, rule, or type; irregularity; abnormity.
- n. That which is abnormal; that which is characterized by deviation from a standard, rule, or type; an abnormal feature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. behavior that breaches the rule or etiquette or custom or morality
- n. an abnormal physical condition resulting from defective genes or developmental deficiencies
- n. retardation sufficient to fall outside the normal range of intelligence
- n. marked strangeness as a consequence of being abnormal
Sorry, no etymologies found.